Wednesday, August 27, 2008

my fast "new" bike

i got my bike back from the shop today. best money i have spent in a while. it rode so smoothly this afternoon. the brakes are very responsive. the shifting is spot on. brand new chain. all clean. and the bike was soooooo quiet. not a single little squeak or sound to be heard. i felt like i was riding a brand new bike, despite the fact that basically everything is the same. yipppeee

my ride this afternoon was nice and relaxing. 40 miles. spent a good portion of the ride talking with someone else which kept my speed reasonable and allowed me to spin. my leg felt a little tight when i started to ride but then loosened up. i spent a good 20 min stretching after my ride. felt refreshed. now tired

i'm testing my watch today. i started the stopwatch just after 7am. so far we are doing good just over 13:30. i want to see how long it will go....just in case.

race numbers are apparently going to be posted on friday.

10 days and 10 hours to go

No comments: