Saturday, June 21, 2008

off to the races

yea!!!!! I finally get to race this year. after a 3 week delay due to travel and work commitments i am ready to hit the starting line. i am racing tomorrow morning up in lake geneva at the bigfoot triathlon. i have done this race during the last 2 years and really enjoy the course and the venue. latest weather predictions suggest that the rain will hold off until the afteroon with low winds in the morning. sweeeeeeet.

i think the race will go well. i have trained my butt off this year, but the majority of the training has been geared at long distance endurance. it will be interesting to see how my times stack up this year when i need to go short and fast. i'll probably have it in me. there is also a chance that i will be starting in the first heat...i've never had that happen before...however, little chance of sitting in front for any of the race.

i'm looking forward to having my grandparents at the race with me. it should be great.

i'm going to head up there today to relax, get my packet, try and find something to eat, get some work done. now i am off to finish packing, get the bike ready, eat some more, and drive back up to wisconsin.

by the way, i checked my fuel mileage yesterday when i had to refill my tank. 39.2 mpg, how about them apples.

oh yea, cubs win, take that you silly southsiders.

No comments: