Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm registered...IM Wisconsin 2012

Well there wasn't much doubt in my mind about how the weekend might end.

After a day of volunteering and then watching the runners on state street and finally meandering over to the finish line I went from 99% to 100% sure that I needed to be in Madison next year not as a spectator or as a volunteer but as an athlete.

I waited this morning in the volunteer line and as the line moved quickly it started to feel like I was going to an amusement park and just waiting and waiting and waiting to finally get to the front of the line. Once at the front of the line the people around me commented that there was still time to escape. For me, there was no escape, there is no alternative, registration for 2012 was going to happen.

After a couple of keystrokes, this appeared in my email.

And so, the journey back to the starting line for Ironman #3 begins.



No comments: