Saturday, May 10, 2008

training resumes

so with jet-lag totally destroying me over the past several days i decided that the only way to win was to train more. i figured that it might just help to flip my body back the 12 hours that it needs to switch.

yesterday i was planning to ride 30 miles. luckily i was on my trainer. i got to mile 15 and was dead. i just couldn't convince my legs to go any further. it's as if my body was laughing at me. "haha, you went away for 2 weeks and just thought you could train again, you fool." well maybe. so i decided to take it easy, give my body one day to get used to being punished before taking it for a whirl. so i got off the trainer and watched the cubs game instead.

today got back on the trainer for that 30 mile ride. I got to 26 miles before my body decided that it was tired, and then kept pushing. finished in 90 minutes. sweet. then i changed quickly to go out for a quick 3 mile transition run. i didn't want to start too hard, and the 3 mile run felt great. no pain, maybe a little slower than i would have expected but i got through the run. yippee.

i am going to push the miles over the next 3 weeks, with the goal of getting up to 60 miles for bike the drive. its time to get back on the trusted steed and get moving.

119 days eeeekkk

i am going to try to sleep soon. with any luck i won't wake up at 3 in the morning again. hell, i would settle for even 4 am... i shouldn't get too greedy

i'm making progress on my photos. one more group of photos to narrow down, then labeling and posting. i'm moving faster than i thought i would.

No comments: